Do you like to create from scratch, from a kit, or a little in-between? I personally like to craft like I cook–a little bit of pre-made mixed with freshly prepared. (My husband’s laughing…cook? Ok, he does most of the cooking in our house. LOL).
Stampin’ Up!’s premade Mini Shipping Box was right up my alley for this week’s Make It Monday project. A little bit of premade with a splash of creative design. The nautical design idea for this box design came from Sue Campfield.
I made several of these boxes for the class participants of my Come Sail Away Home Decor class earlier this month. Inside each box were some embellishments and Lifesavers candies.
- Assemble Stampin’ Up! Mini Shipping Box. Add items inside.
- Wrap a 2-3/8” x 12” strip of Come Sail Away DSP around box, adhering ends together at front (seam will be covered in later step). Make sure to only adhere ends to each other and not to box so the belly band can be slipped off to access contents.
- Die cut a stitched nested label (2nd largest) from Stitched Nested Labels dies in Night of Navy cardstock. Adhere to belly band with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Die cut a stitched nested label one size down (3rd largest) from Stitched Nested Labels dies in navy printed Come Sail Away DSP. Adhere to Night of Navy stitched nested layer.
- Stamp “Thanks” sentiment from Sailing Home stamp set in Night of Navy ink and die cut with banner from Smooth Sailing dies. Adhere toward top center of nested label layers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp small sailboat from Sailing Home stamp set in Night of Navy ink and die cut with small sailboat from Smooth Sailing dies. Adhere sailboat to lower right of sentiment
banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Die cut a ship’s
wheel with Silver Foil cardstock. Adhere to left of sailboat with Mini
- Adhere Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Twine bow to ship’s wheel with a Glue Dot.