Sweet Stampede Blog Hop: Sale-a-Bration
Welcome to the Sweet Stampede blog hop! I hope you enjoy all the great project ideas featuring this year’s Sale-a-Bration products my Sweet Stampede friends and I have to offer.
During our family’s Thanksgiving vacation to Washington, D.C. last year, I was introduced to Fonté tea which the hotel served each morning. This tea is SO delicious that I ordered some online when we returned home. I like to share this tea with family and friends. Therefore, I thought I would create a special box for the tea bags using the Sale-a-Bration Tea Time Framelits.
To create this tea bag holder, I used the Envelope Punch Board so the box could easily be adapted to different size tea bags. If you are not familiar how to use the Envelope Punch Board, check out Stampin’ Up!’s video tutorial.
To help me get the right dimensions for my tea bag box, I used the Crafty Owl’s Boxbuster online tool.
- 7-1/4″ x 7-1/4″ Blushing Bride cardstock (to fit three 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ tea bags)
- Punch and score at 3-1/8″ and 4-1/8″ on Envelope Punch Board
- 2-1/2″ x 10″ Whisper White cardstock belly band
- 2-1/4″ x 10″ Floral Romance DSP belly band layer
- Score belly band at 2-1/4″, 3-1/8″, 6-7/8″, and 7-3/4″
- Large Stitched Whisper White framelit circle
- Tea cup die cut with Tea Time framelits in Blushing Bride cardstock
- Mossy Meadow Leaf punch-outs
The belly band can easily be removed to store or remove the tea bags.
To create the ribbon, I used a Stampin’ Blends marker to color a long section of 1/8″ Whisper White Sheer Ribbon then tied it into a double bow.
I used the stamping off technique with Blushing Bride ink and one of the flowers from the coordinating Tea Together stamp set to create a background pattern on the tea cup.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my Lovely Tea Bag Holder. Keep enjoying all the Sale-a-Bration project ideas from my very creative Sweet Stampede friends by hopping to the next blog.
Check out other Sale-a-Bration creations from the Sweet Stampede team by hopping along to their page…