I just love spring in Texas! The weather is perfect and bluebonnets can be seen practically everywhere. They seem to pop up overnight then they are gone just as quickly. While we still have a few more weeks of these flowering beauties, I wanted to capture their essence one more time in a project.
- Cut 2 panels measuring 1-7/8″ x 1-7/8″ and 2 panels measuring 1-7/8″ x 3-7/8″ in Night of Navy cardstock.
- Cut 2 panels measuring 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ and 2 panels measuring 1-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ in Whisper White cardstock.
- On the Whisper White panels, Stamp leaf stalks from Incredible Like You stamp set in Granny Apple Green using “stamping off” technique (described above).
- Stamp flowers from Incredible Like You stamp set in Night of Navy Ink using “stamping off” technique with opposite dark/light pattern on leaf stalks.
- Adhere stamped panels to Night of Navy panels, then adhere assembled panels onto Mini Gable Box.
- Stamp sentiment on the left side of a 3/4″ x 3-3/4″ strip of Whisper White cardstock. (I used the Thank You sentiment from Flourishing Phrases). Adhere strip to front panel.
- Assemble gable box.
- Punch out large and small butterfly with Butterfly Duet punch in Night of Navy cardstock.
- Adhere large butterfly to right side of sentiment strip and small butterfly randomly on slanted top of box.
- Add adhesive Gingham Gala sequins.
- Add Granny Apple Green ribbon bow to box handle with Glue Dots.
Upcoming event…April 27th (register by April 13th). See Calendar for details.