As I was preparing to design this week’s Make It Monday project, my stash of new annual catalog goodies kept beckoning for me to play with them. So I thought I would give you a sneak peek of some of the new products available June 4, 2019.
For today’s project, I’m using the Free as a Bird stamp set with coordinating Nested Labels dies and Petal Pink Organdy ribbon.
- Fold a 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Pool Party cardstock in half to create your card base.
- Stamp sentiment from Free as a Bird stamp set in Black Memento ink in the lower right corner of card front.
- Adhere a 1/2″ x 5-1/2″ strip of So Saffron cardstock to the back of a 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Bird Ballad DSP, allowing a little of the So Saffron to show on the bottom for contrasting color.
- Adhere the Bird Ballad layer to the top of the card front.
- Stamp birds sitting on branch from Free as a Bird stamp set on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and color in with Stampin’ Blends.
- Die cut birds out with a large Nested Labels die (I used 2nd largest). Adhere to a larger Nested Labels die cut in Pool Party cardstock (I used largest die).
- Adhere the Nested Labels bird layer to the DSP.
- Add 5/8″ Petal Pink Organdy ribbon bow to card.
- Stamp branches and bird from Free as a Bird stamp set along lower border of card interior.
- Stamp, color with Blends, and fussy cut out a small flower from the Free as a Bird stamp set and adhere where bird and branch meet.
Can’t wait that long to get your hands on these crafting gems? Check out my page to join Stampin’ Up!® and my team Simply Sweet Stampers. One of the many perks of being a demonstrator is getting to pre-order select items from the new catalogs.