A friend recently reached out to me about making some cards for her organization’s “Blessings from Blessings” outreach with local police and fire departments. I thought the sentiments in the Barn Door stamp set were perfect for this card.
Open the door on the front of the card to reveal the blessings sentiment.
I used the scalloped edge dies from the Stitched Be Mine dies to add a little pop of color and texture.
The left side of the door is scored to create the hinge so the door can be opened to reveal the sentiment behind. I also added some flowers in Crushed Curry for more color pop.
What a beautiful sentiment for a new home, family, or friend (even our first responders)!
“Make It” Instructions
- Cut a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Soft Suede cardstock. Score and fold in half to create card base.
- Die cut a 1″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Crushed Curry cardstock with scalloped edge die from Stitched Be Mine dies. Adhere behind a 3-3/4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of wood grain paper from Come To Gather DSP.
- Adhere scalloped edge/DSP layer to card front.
- Stamp door image from Barn Door stamp set on a piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock in Black Memento ink. Die cut with door die from Sliding Door dies. Score at 1/4″ on left side of door.
- Stamp beginning sentiment on a 2-1/8″ x 3-1/8″ piece of Whisper White cardstock in Early Espresso ink.
- Adhere only the left side of door to left side of sentiment layer.
- Adhere assembled door/sentiment to middle of card front.
- Stamp “hello” hanging plaque on a piece of Whisper White cardstock in Pretty Peacock ink. Die cut with hanging plaque die from Sliding Door dies. Adhere to top of door with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere Line Thread double layer bow to top of hanger with a Glue Dot.
- Die cut flower cluster from Bouquet Bunch dies in Crushed Curry cardstock. Adhere to lower right of door.
- Stamp ending sentiment on a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock in Early Espresso ink.
- Stamp flower clusters from Beautiful Bouquet stamp set at bottom of WW layer in Crushed Curry ink.
- Adhere stamped WW layer inside card.
Click on the picture links below to shop the products needed to make this card at home…