Need ink? Do you ever have a cute stamp set but not the colors you need for the project you’re working on? Try DSP (Designer Series Paper)! Just cut out patterns found in the DSP to use in lieu of stamping. For today’s Make It Monday project, I used the “How Sweet It Is” DSP candy jar cut-outs to make a sweet and simple birthday card.
The How Sweet It Is suite of products is one of the products retiring soon. Be sure to check out the entire suite in my online store and add it to your paper crafting collection before it sells out. It’s perfect for birthdays and makes great accents for candy buffets!
- Fold a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock in half to create your card base.
- Adhere a 2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of How Sweet It Is DSP to left front of card.
- Stamp birthday sentiment of your choice in lower right corner with Black Memento ink (I used birthday sentiment from Piece of Cake stamp set.)
- Die cut a large scalloped oval from the Layering Ovals dies in Melon Mambo cardstock (I used the 2nd largest scalloped oval).
- Die cut a large stitched oval from the Stitched Shapes dies in Whisper White cardstock (I used largest stitched oval). Adhere to Melon Mambo scalloped oval.
- Adhere the oval combo to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Fussy (manually) cut 2 candy jars from the How Sweet It Is DSP. Adhere one directly on oval and the other slightly overlapped using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Accent with rhinestones and a 3/8″ Silver Metallic Edge ribbon bow.
- Adhere a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock inside card.
- Adhere a 3/4″ x 4″ strip of coordinating How Sweet It Is DSP inside on right side of Whisper White layer.