Thanks for landing on this page to check out my ladybug punch art card. This cute idea was found on Pinterest and originally created by Chanda Stehlik at BellevueStampingClub.com.
We’ll be making this as one of our projects at our Simply Sweet Stampers team meeting this week.
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Basic Black cardstock and score in half to create your card base.
- Adhere a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Real Red cardstock on card base.
- Adhere a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Whisper White cardstock on Real Red layer.
- Die cut 3 medium scalloped circles from the Layering Circles dies (I used the 4th largest scalloped circle). Score each circle in half and adhere in a fan-like pattern as shown above.
- Punch out a 1-1/2″ Basic Black circle and adhere to middle-left of Whisper White layer.
- Adhere the ladybug’s Real Red body overlapping about half of the 1-1/2″ Basic Black circle.
- Punch out 12 Basic Black 1/2″ circles. Adhere 2 circles as antenna and randomly adhere the remaining circles as dots on the ladybug’s body.
- Use a fine-tip black marker to draw lines to finish the ladybug’s antenna.
- Stamp the sentiment “make me smile” from the Well Said stamp set in Black Memento ink on upper right of card.
- Die-cut the sentiment “You” from the Well Written dies in Real Red cardstock. Adhere sentiment above the words “make me smile”.
- Stamp a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock along the bottom with dots from the Incredible Like You stamp set in Black Memento ink. Adhere to inside of card.