One of the projects we are making at my upcoming Stampin’ Bunco on July 18th is a cute and simple Daisy card, so I thought I would share it with you for this week’s Make It Monday project. I chose pink and black to go with the event theme colors.
The overall design of this card came from Dawn Griffith of Dawn’s Stamping Thoughts. I just substituted the flower, colors, and sentiment to create my unique twist on her beautiful card.
Sentiment is from Magnolia Blooms stamp set, but can easily be substituted with your own. Adding some Rhinestones fulfills my need for bling.
- Cut and fold in half a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock to create card base.
- On a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp sentiment from Magnolia Blooms stamp set (or substitute your own) in Black Memento ink in lower right corner.
- Adhere a 1″ x 3-3/4″ strip of Petal Pink cardstock toward top of Whisper White layer.
- Adhere Whisper White layer to a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic Black layer.
- Wrap a strip of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle ribbon across Petal Pink strip and adhere at back of Basic Black layer with Glue Dots. TIP: Also, add a Glue Dot under ribbon toward left side of pink strip where flower will be placed later.
- Adhere assembled Basic Black/Whisper White/Petal Pink layer to card base.
- Using large Daisy Punch, cut out 1 Basic Black and 1 Vellum daisy flower. Use a bone folder (or fingers) to gently curl flower petals. Adhere on top of each other.
- Using medium Daisy Punch, cut out 1 Vellum and 1 Petal Pink daisy flower. Again, gently curl petals and adhere together and add on top of large daisy flowers.
- Using a die cutting machine, cut out center of flower with small starburst from Magnolia Memory dies (or substitute with similar) in Basic Black cardstock. Glue small starburst on assembled daisy flower. Add Rhinestone in middle for accent.
- Adhere completed daisy flower on left side of Petal Pink strip with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Add Rhinestones on front of card base for added sparkle.
- On the inside of card, adhere a 3/4″ x 4-1/4″ strip of pink and white striped paper from the Magnolia Lane DSP.