One of the challenges I face is doing simple cards. I love die-cutting and layers. However, there is beauty in a simple card, so I made this week’s card using some of the new annual catalog products from the Come Sail Away suite (coming June 4th).
I started by stamping the larger boat and birds from the Sailing Home stamp set in Pretty Peacock ink (new 2019-2021 In Color) on a thick Whisper White card base.
- Fold a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock in half to create card base.
- Stamp larger boat and birds from Sailing Home stamp set in Pretty Peacock ink in lower right corner of card front.
- Stamp sentiment from Sailing Home stamp set on a 1-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Crumb Cake cardstock. Snip right end to form a banner. Adhere toward top of card front.
- Randomly stamp compass on a 1-3/4″ x 5-1/2″ strip of Pretty Peacock cardstock in Pretty Peacock ink.
- Adhere a 1/2″ x 5-1/2″ strip of Silver Foil paper behind Pretty Peacock strip, leaving a small amount showing along right edge.
- Wrap Linen Thread 3 times around Pretty Peacock strip, tying off in middle.
- Adhere ship’s wheel in middle with Glue Dots.
- Tie knot several times with a piece of Linen Thread and adhere to middle of ship’s wheel with Glue Dot.
- Adhere completed Pretty Peacock strip to left side of card front.
- Stamp the compass inside card in Pretty Peacock ink on lower right corner to finish card.
Want your own paper copy? You can get one by:
Attending my New Catalog Kick-Off on June 1st (local event in San Antonio, TX)–request registration link.
Booking a local or catalog workshop.
Placing a $50 order (before shipping/tax) through my Online Store link, using Host Code: 6HJP2AHZ
BEST OF ALL, joining Stampin’ Up! to receive $125 in products of your choice for only $99 (plus tax) and your own free copy. Plus, if you choose to join my team Simply Sweet Stampers, you’ll also receive other team benefits!