I love dimensional cards! They add an unexpected wow factor for the recipient. Two of my favorite dimensional fun folds are the bridge-fold and the shadowbox. For this week’s Make It Monday, I used the Winter Woods and Snowman Season bundles to make this adorable winter scene. And, yes, you can mail this card! Just push the winter scene to one side to lay flat. 🙂
I’ll be showcasing projects you can make for the Christmas holiday season thru 12/16/19. Join my email newsletter and receive an exclusive printable PDF tutorial of these projects in your inbox each week!
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 9″ piece of Real Red cardstock.
- Score on long side at 1/2″, 1″, 4-3/4″, and 5-1/4″.
- Die cut a large stitched rectangle with Stitched Rectangle dies (3rd largest) on the 3-3/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel.
- Cut a 3-1/2″ 5-1/4″ piece of Pool Party cardstock.
- Randomly stamp snowflakes at the top with Snowman Season stamp set in Pool Party ink.
- Die cut a 2″ x 3-3/4″ section of Sparkle Glimmer paper with curved die from Detailed Woods dies to create snowbank. (May have to play with curve angle and height to get desired effect.)
- Adhere snowbank to bottom of Pool Party layer.
- Stamp tree (optional) from Winter Woods stamp set on a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock in Mossy Meadow ink. Die cut with dimensional tree from In The Woods dies.
- Use Frost White Shimmer Paint to flock tree foliage.
- Randomly adhere Red Rhinestones to tree.
- Adhere completed tree to lower right side of Pool Party layer.
- Stamp snowman from Snowman Season stamp set on a piece of Shimmery White cardstock in Black Memento ink. Color nose with Pumpkin Pie marker. Cut out snowman with Snowman Builder Punch.
- Stamp snowman hat on a piece of Whisper White cardstock in Black Memento ink. Color in with Real Red, Garden Green, Pool Party, and Smoky Slate markers. Cut out hat with Snowman Builder Punch. Adhere hat to head of snowman.
- Cut out 2 snowman arms with Snowman Builder Punch in Soft Suede cardstock. Adhere to sides of snowman.
- Adhere assembled snowman to left side of tree with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere completed scene to left side of base panel. See picture below for proper panel alignment.
- Fold over scene and glue right tab down to make shadowbox.
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 7-1/2″ piece of Real Red cardstock. Score and fold in half at 3-3/4″ to make sentiment card base.
- Stamp sentiment (Black Memento) and snowflakes (Pool Party) on a 3-1/2″ 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Adhere inside card.
- Adhere back of unstamped card base to back of shadowbox.
- Embellish card with a 1/4″ Bermuda Bay Mini Striped Ribbon box on front.
- Push winter scene to one side so it lays flat for mailing.
Shop my online store for these products to make this adorable snowman shadowbox card at home!