This weekend I worked on my monthly swap cards. April’s theme is a sketch challenge. Here is my swap card using the Tropical Chic bundle and Tropical Escape DSP.
(After going through the pictures, be sure to check below to learn how to make this card for yourself!)
- Score and fold in half a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Basic Black cardstock to form card base.
- Adhere a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Blushing Bride cardstock to front of card base.
- Adhere 3 panels of black/white print Tropical Escape DSP (or make your own) each measuring 1-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ to Blushing Bride layer.
- Using Big Shot, die-cut a large scalloped circle from Layering Circles framelits (3rd largest) in Basic Black cardstock. Adhere to right side of card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment on a piece of Whisper White cardstock in black Memento ink.
- Using Big Shot, die-cut sentiment with large circle from the Stitched Shapes framelits (2nd largest) in Whisper White cardstock. Adhere sentiment circle to scalloped Basic Black circle. (TIP: Place sentiment slightly toward top of framelit circle to leave room for floral die-cuts later on.)
- Using Big Shot, die-cut a palm leaf in Basic Black cardstock and a Philodendron leaf in Blushing Bride cardstock. Adhere at angles in lower left of sentiment circle.
- Stamp Hibiscus flower from Tropical Chic stamp set on Whisper White cardstock in Smoky Slate ink. Using Big Shot, die-cut flower with Tropical framelits. Adhere flower at corner where the leaves meet with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Add a rhinestone to the center of the flower for accent.
- For the card inside…stamp the lower right corner of a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White piece of cardstock with a Philodendron leaf in Blushing Bride ink and a palm leaf in Smoky Slate ink from the Tropical Chic stamp set. Adhere to inside of card.