I hope you are having a relaxing Labor Day! I’ve been in my craft room this long weekend playing and preparing for my Holiday catalog launch this Thursday.
Can’t wait for you to see all the wonderful things in the Holiday catalog for you to craft during this spectacular time of year! Be sure to check back on Wednesday 9/4/19 for the online version of the catalog.
Don’t currently have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator? I would love to be your creative coach and help you create amazingly beautiful projects! If you would like to shop the Holiday catalog and need a print copy, please message or email me your mailing address.
For this week’s Make It Monday, I wanted to share this Christmas card I made using the Perfectly Plaid bundle. The coordinating Wrapped in Plaid Specialty DSP for this bundle has a fun mixture of traditional colors and prints. One side has gold lines which really adds an elegant touch to this paper.
To tie in the gold in the DSP, I heat embossed the Christmas tree with gold embossing powder before punching it out with the Pine Tree punch.
Learn how to heat emboss here.
I like how the stitching in the Whisper White rectangle adds to the homespun feel in the DSP.
The Perfectly Plaid stamp set not only has a variety of trees to stamp but also a great selection of sentiments from which to choose for the inside and outside of your card.
- Cut a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Night of Navy cardstock. Score and fold at 4-1/4” to create card base.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Garden Green cardstock. Emboss with Subtle embossing folder. Adhere to card base front.
- Cut a 2” x 5-1/4” piece of Wrapped in Plaid DSP. Punch one end with Triple Banner Punch Adhere banner toward left side of card front.
- Die cut a rectangle from Stitched Rectangles dies (4th smallest) in Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp bottom of stitched rectangle with “Merry Christmas” sentiment from Perfectly Plaid stamp set in Night of Navy ink.
- Wrap middle of stitched rectangle with Linen Thread and tie off with bow on left side.
- Adhere stitched rectangle on card front, overlapping banner, with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Heat emboss tree from Perfectly Plaid stamp set in Gold Embossing Powder.
- Punch tree out with Pine Tree Punch. Adhere to stitched rectangle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp “Christmas Cheer” sentiment on a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Whisper White cardstock in Night of Navy ink. Adhere to inside of card.